Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Spy Swap Fabric Squares

I just received my fabric squares in the mail from the I Spy Swap! My boys and I have had SO MUCH fun looking through all of the fabrics. Now, I just need to decide what I'm going to make with 200 squares of fabric! I'm thinking about a mini I-spy quilt for each of my kids, or maybe a pillow, or how about a bag? What ideas do you all have for I-Spy sewing projects?
Here's what I sent in:
10 little stacks of 20 4" squares for a total of 200 squares
And here's what I got back:
200 4" squares ~ 200 different fabrics!

I couldn't photograph every singe square, but here are my favorites: Mushrooms, Owls, Vintage Girls, Jungle Animals, Green Animals, Very Hungry Caterpillar, Boots, Spools of Thread, Butterflies, and Frogs.

Thank you, Meredith and Wendy, for organizing this fantastic swap! And thank you to all of the other swap participants!





4 comments:

Patsy said...

Great idea for a swap. Can't wait to see your finished project.

DeannaHurley said...

I was in the Swap too.. in fact, I do believe I see my flamingos in your stash of 200 squares!

I started working on my quilt last night- I think I'm doing two quilts. I found this last night... you might get some good ideas on how to do your quilts. http://quiltinglibrary.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-spy-quilts.html

I am doing the 4 patch quilt- but I doubled the strips because I want to do 80 novelty squares, instead of 40, to double the size of the quilt. Im not sure if I'll do the inside and outside border; it might be too hard for me.

Lisa said...

WOW! I wish I had gotten in on that one! You got quite a stash there,will be interesting to see the final product.
:)Lisa
kssnnikkel.blogspot.com

Thebigdipper said...

Hi. You have such brilliant ideas. I'm just about to commence my first year of teaching and (junior Infants, 4 and 5 years old) and have set up a blog to trace the year. Maybe you could stop by now and then over the next 12 months and offer advice. :) I could really do with it.

Kind regards and looking forward to implementing your many ideas.